Amazon has the Camelbak Products Eddy Water Bottle marked down to $9.93 (was $15). My daughter has been asking for one, so this is a perfect addition to her Easter basket!
I’m watching the snow fall out of my office window, hoping that this is the last big snow before Spring begins. I’ve had to neglect my garden over the past two years due to pregnancy and a newborn. He’s now a rambunctious toddler, but he’s always on a mission. I’ve never seen a child quite so goal oriented, and this thrills me. As long as he’s outside and given a job, he’s happy and he won’t stop until it’s finished.
I may be overly ambitious, but I think this may carry into the garden this season. Not only will it keep him occupied, it will motivate me to spend more time out there.
Gardening with a toddler is going to be a major change for me, so I’ve been trying to plan the best I can so that I always have something to keep him busy. Here are some of the ideas I’ve come up with (and to keep the big kids helping, too):
- Help start seedlings in containers before they are ready to plant.
- Help place soil in the containers for seedlings before they’re ready to plant.
- Rake the soil to help get the garden ready.
- Pull weeds and help remove tiny rocks.
- Place soil or mulch on the ground to help with the nutrition of the garden.
- Plant the fresh seeds or the seedlings in the ground.
- Ensure that there’s enough space in between each seed that’s planted.
- Water fruits and veggies on a daily basis to help keep them healthy.
- Help create garden markers for the garden.
- Help put up a garden fence to keep critters out.
- Write down what was planted and when it was planted.
- Keep an eye on which fruits and veggies are ready to be harvested.
- Use scissors to help cut different plants when they’re ready to harvest.
- Help take pictures of the progress of the garden.
- Clean gardening tools and put them back where they belong.
- Help pick fruits and veggies for that night’s dinner.
- Pick fruit and veggies off the main plant that are no good.
- Help make sure all edible fruits and veggies are picked.
- Help to winterize the garden when the time is right.
- Put away all gardening tools and decorations for the upcoming winter.
I think my biggest challenge will be to keep him out of the strawberries. Do your kids help you in the garden? Do you have any tips for me?
Free Starbucks? Umm.. yes, please! I found an offer this morning that will get you TWO FREE Starbucks drinks.
Here’s how to get it:
- Sign up for Zulily (or log in if you’re already a member)
- Select ‘home’ from the category menu.
- Scroll down until you see the offer pictured above.
Amazon has several magazine subscriptions on sale for just $5 through February 24th. Some have auto-renewal, but they are very easy to manage directly in your Amazon account.
- Cooking Light
- Real Simple
- Field & Stream
- This Old House
- Entertainment Weekly
- People Style Watch
- Popular Photography
- and More!
Amazon has dropped the price of this highly rated Columbia jacket to just $29.29 (was $90). Only the white/flint gray jacket is available at this price.
I don’t know about you, but I go through chargers so fast! They always fray or break, and I need one in both cars, the house, and the office.
Tanga has a twin pack of 8 pin charging cords for just $5.99 with free shipping right now. These cords are 10 feet long!
If you’re looking for a basic laptop, Amazon has a great deal on an Acer Chromebook. It’s priced at just $159.99 (was $199.99). My daughter has this little computer and it’s perfect for documents, streaming videos, and surfing.
- Intel Celeron N2830 Dual Core 2.16 GHz Processor
- 2 GB DDR3L SDRAM
- 16 GB Internal Storage
- 11.6-Inch Screen 1366×768 Active Matrix TFT Color LCD, Intel HD Graphics
- Chrome, 8.5-hour battery life
*UPDATE* It looks like your order must be at least $30 after the coupon to receive free shipping.
There is a VERY rare coupon out for Bath and Body Works right now. You can save $10 off of a $30 purchase AND get free shipping with the coupon code VDAY2015
- Buy 10 Hand Soaps
- Use Coupon Code VDAY2015
- Pay $20 (+tax) SHIPPED!
I’ve been waiting quite a while for Sling TV to be released to the public and they sure came in with a BANG!
Sling TV is a streaming service that gives you access to channels such as ESPN, TNT, HGTV, the Food Network, and more! The basic service is $20/month (for the channels shown above), with no contract or credit check. The billing is similar to any other streaming service. They are also adding AMC in the next few weeks!
You can also add packages with additional channels for $5/month. Packages are in categories, such as kids, cooking, sports, or news.
It also allows you to watch any show that’s aired over the past three days- not just live episodes.
They are offering a FREE Fire TV stick or $50 off of Amazon Fire TV if you prepay for 3 months ($60). Sign up here and you will receive a promotional code to redeem on Amazon. The Fire TV stick retails for $39 and we absolutely LOVE ours. It allows stream Youtube, Amazon Prime Video, and Netflix straight to your TV- and now Sling TV. Check out Amazon Fire TV Stick to learn more about what it can do.
If you’ve got a sports nut, Disney fan, or love HGTV, you can ditch the cable!